Build your own shed with aerated concrete blocks - Build cheaply
by Marco Janssen on Jul 27, 2023
Tutorial: Building your own shed with aerated concrete blocks
Would you like to build a shed yourself in an inexpensive way? Then aerated concrete blocks are the perfect choice! These lightweight and insulating blocks are easy to process and offer countless benefits. In this tutorial we explain step by step how to proceed.
- First determine the dimensions of your shed and make a detailed design.
- Start by laying a solid foundation, for example of concrete or stones.
- Place the first row of aerated concrete blocks on the foundation and make sure they are level.
- Then continue stacking the blocks, using mortar to secure them together.
- Make sure that each layer is properly aligned and regularly check that everything is still level.
- Remember to keep window and door openings clear when stacking.
- When all the walls are ready, you can place the roof frame and cover it with the roofing material of your choice.
- Finally, you can finish the interior walls, install electricity and possibly add insulation.
With these simple steps and the right materials you can build your own shed with aerated concrete blocks. Good luck!
FAQ: Build your own shed with aerated concrete blocks
How do I determine the dimensions of my shed?
- Measure the desired length and width of the shed and make a detailed design.
Which foundation is suitable for aerated concrete blocks?
- A solid foundation of concrete or stones is ideal.
How do I ensure that the aerated concrete blocks are level?
- Place the first row of blocks on the foundation and check that they are level.
What do I use to connect the blocks together?
- Use mortar to firmly connect the blocks together during stacking.
How do I make sure everything stays aligned properly?
- Regularly check whether each layer of blocks is still level.
Do I have to keep openings for windows and doors clear during stacking?
- Yes, keep window and door openings in mind as you stack.
What should I do last after stacking the walls?
- Install the roof frame, cover with roofing material, finish interior walls, install electricity and add insulation.